VUZPROMEXPO 2015 participants paid particular interest to SPbPU IAMT developments intended for different industrial areas
III National Annual Exhibition VUZPROMEXPO 2015 took place in Moscow on December 2-4, 2015. It is the largest federal exhibition of technical and technological scientific solutions and their commercial potential.
Picture: Prof., Dr. Alexey Borovkov, the IAMT scientific director and the head of Engineering Center “Center of Computer-Aided Engineering” (leftmost) demonstrates SPbPU IAMT developments
Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University staff actively participated in VUZPROMEXPO 2015 programme. Polytechnical University expanded its representation this year, for there were three participants on its behalf: SPbPU, SPbPU Institute of Advanced Manufacturing Technologies (IAMT), and Engineering Center “Center of Computer-Aided Engineering” of SPbPU.
IAMT delegation was headed by Prof., Dr. Alexey Borovkov, the IAMT scientific director and the head of Engineering Center “Center of Computer-Aided Engineering”, and Sergey Salkutsan, the IAMT Executive Officer.
Exhibition visitors were highly interested in R&D results and IAMT innovative developments.
These unique projects drove attention of Alexander Povalko, Deputy Minister of Education and Science. Prof., Dr. Alexey Borovkov and Sergey Salkutsan demonstrated to Alexander Povalko samples of metal 3D printed parts for aircraft industry, and visualized variant of Factories of the Future (Factory of the Future is an advanced production platform intended for development of internationally competitive and customized / personalized next generation products; it contains the core (intersection) of basic Future Technologies, key of the National Technology Initiative: digital simulation and design, new materials development technology, and additive technologies).
Dr. Alexey Borovkov and Sergey Salkutsan demonstrated to Alexander Povalko, Deputy Minister of Education and Science samples of metal parts printed by 3D printer for aircraft industry
The Ministry of Education and Science and VUZPROMEXPO organizers invited Prof., Dr. Alexey Borovkov to participate in the forum business programme involving
- round table "Presentation of Universities' Prospective Innovative Scientific Developments Within the Project of Competitive Capability Improvement Between Leading International Scientific and Educational Centers",
- extended session of the Coordination Committee for State Support of Cooperation Development between Universities and Organisations Implementing High-Tech Production Establishment Projects,
- round table "Integration into International Educational Community and Overcoming Isolationism: Educational System Transparency for the Global Market of Knowledge, Technologies, and Talents",
- round table "Engineering Centers at Higher Educational Institutions: Winners of the Third Competitive Selection".
Alexey Borovkov, the speaker at the Round table "Presentation of Universities' Prospective Innovative Scientific Developments Within the Project of Competitive Capability Improvement Between Leading International Scientific and Educational Centers"
IAMT management signed some Cooperation Agreements at the VUZPROMEXPO:
- the agreement for cooperation in education with Open Technology Academy, aimed at human resources development, human resources training and development programmes integration, subject-specific institutions educational, scientific and technical potential improvement.
- agreement on joint R&D projects, innovative and educational activity with MISIS Engineering Center of High Complexity Prototyping.