Webinar: Digital Rock Physics Applications with Simpleware
Simpleware software is suitable for a wide range of digital rock physics applications, where virtual exploration of scanned core samples and other rock types can complement physical testing. Volume imaging of rock samples allows for the material phases, grain structure and porous networks to be analysed without a destructive test.
The software offers capabilities for visualising, analysing and generating models from 3D image data (such as CT, micro-CT, FIB-SEM…), including the calculation of effective material properties from scanned samples.
Attend this webinar to learn how to get the most from your 3D image data when working on Digital Rock Physics applications. Topics covered include:
- A general introduction to using Simpleware software for Rock Physics applications
- Visualising 3D image data of core samples, rocks and sand
- Exploring the different image processing and segmentation tools available
- Taking measurements and computing statistics from image data
- Generating robust multi-phase meshes for FEA and CFD
- Calculating effective material properties, including: effective stiffness, permeability, electrical conductivity
- Scripting options
- Creating animations
- Examples of rock physics case studies
This webinar is aimed at researchers and engineers working in digital rock physics who want to learn more about using Simpleware software for their work.
Title: Digital Rock Physics applications with Simpleware
Session 1: Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM BST (London)
Session 2: Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM BST (London)